GABERCO members adhere to the highest worldwide standards and ethics in the baby equipment rental industry. We believe that in an expanding marketplace there become immense opportunity for growth, and also for challenges and danger. And when dealing with the most precious of all consumers – babies – we believe that the industry leaders throughout the world should create a set of safety, customer management, and other standards for the industry.
GABERCO does not allow just any gear rental company to become an accredited member. Our members must adhere to the following standards and practices, as well as follow specific guidelines surrounding gear cleaning and retirement, customer interaction, and other standards to stay in good standing. We have a system of spot checking for standards adherence that happen randomly to ensure compliance.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that our industry is operating at it’s finest and offering parents, hotels\resorts, travel agents, manufacturers, insurers, and management companies a peace of mind when choosing a GABERCO member company as their baby equipment rental provider.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR GABERCO MEMBERS
- Provide a code of ethics and standards that will help to bring greater unity to the baby equipment rental profession;
- Raise standards internally within our business model; and
- Enhance the professional standing of baby equipment rental companies in the world at large.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
For the purpose of this review and discussion the following definitions will be used:
Code of Ethics: A code of conduct that identifies principles and ways of being and behaving that are in harmony and congruent with the mission and purpose of serving our clients and solidifying our business niche as a recognized entity internationally.
Standards of Practice: A group of statements describing the expected level of service by a GABERCO Member. Standards of practice describe behaviors and minimal levels of performance that are intended to guide daily operations and client care. See websites for organizations individual standards of practice.
Member(s): The term used to describe a professional person who is an owner or a representative of a qualifying baby equipment rental company within the Gaberco Association.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR GABERCO MEMBERS
I. The Members’s Purpose:
Each members objective is to serve each client they have with the utmost of professionalism, committing to using the highest standards of service and equipment sterilization.
II. Commitment to Client & Association
- Member will display GABERCO Accreditation Symbol on their website.
- Member will disclose their association accreditation when appropriate and/or necessary. (An example would be on signature of a professional response via email.)
- Member agrees to notify GABERCO of any reason why their membership may become invalid (ie. Failure to renew liability insurance, expansion into another market where you have a 1099 or other non-standard enforcement issue, etc.)
- Members render respect and service to clients regardless of race, sex, cultural, national or ethnic origins, political persuasions and sexual orientation.
- Members of GABERCO see themselves as equal to other members within the association.
C. Respect and Professional Regard:
- Members respect the values, customs, and choices of their clients and their peers.
- Members hold themselves and their peers accountable to the code of ethics set forth herein.
III. Business Qualifications & Standards
A. Initial Training:
- Member and their respective team is thoroughly trained on all aspects of the baby equipment rental industry.
- Member and their respective team has thoroughly studied the specific gear they deliver, including all instructions for installation, management, and cleaning.
- Members comply with JPMA regluations (US) and any other like entities in their respective country.
- Members and their respective team has been trained and informed of best practices for providing customer service excellence.
B. Professional and Personal Development:
- Members avail themselves of opportunities for continuing professional education and training to maintain and enhance their competence.
- Members work with others in their field to maintain and monitor high professional standards of care.
- Member agrees to respond in a timely manner to each client order, or inquiry they may receive via email, or phone. (Timely = no less than 4 hours response time during business hours.)
- Member agrees to be open to ‘spot-check’ and the secret shopping done by founding members of GABERCO as well as a professional third party that has been contracted to ensure standards are being met. We reserve the right to contact a member to ensure that they are being responsive in a timely and professional manner.
IV Professional Behavior
A. Guiding Principles:
- Members embrace the following principals in their professional behavior: respect, competence, honesty, integrity, equality, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Members maintain a compassionate regard for the client by demonstrating a way of being that is courteous, tactful, sensitive, accepting, empathetic and non-judgmental.
B. Communication and Confidentiality:
- Members maintain clear and honest communication with their clients and keep all information, strictly confidential.
- Members cooperate with other professionals within GABERCO and in their local areas.
- Members are respectful to non-member industry professionals and support them in the industry for the greater good.
C. Availability and Accessibility:
- Members shall make themselves available and accessible to clients in need of their professional services through multiple modalities: email and telephone number at minimum.
- Should a Member be unable to complete an order, they should make appropriate referrals to other baby equipment rental companies within GABERCO when/if possible, first.
- Members agree to remove themselves from GABERCO, LLC in the event that they discontinue their business. Appropriate method of communication is via [email protected]
D. Relationships with Other Gaberco Members
Members acknowledge and agree that their peers are to be treated with the utmost respect.
A. Creating a Professional Environment:
- Member agrees that all association internal discussions, either with like Members or founding members remain confidential.
- Member maintains a clean, sterile environment for equipment storage and ensures that staff and themselves maintain a professional personal appearance whilst performing profession duties.
- Members display certification, training and educational certificates and diplomas in public view on website or in office.
- Member honor the privacy of their peers and clients.
- Members do not use profane language with their clients nor peers.
B. Disclosing Professional Information and Practices:
Member provide clients with Terms & Conditions, Refund Policy & any other legal pertinent information prior to order.
Member ensures accurate and concise communications with clients and peers regarding orders or internal association discussions.
Member must have thorough cleaning and gear retirement policies specific to both hard and soft gear that ensure safety of children from disease and accident.
Members must have insurance as required by their location. (Note: some countries fold insurance into the renters or mortgage insurance, and others do not require insurance. If a policy, where available for purchase, is not cost-effective, Member must adhere to guidelines of manufacturer protection and have policies in place to answer how they will handle injuries, loss, etc.)